Monday 16 March 2015

Plumbing disaster doubles as a Zoflora Review




 I've become something of a plumbing expert since Rhodri came along. For some unknown reason our plumbing has become a little unreliable. It started off with a leak under the bath. I learned to tighten loose joints. This was followed by a leaky kitchen tap. I learnt to replace taps and more than I ever needed to know about various types of pipes, connections, spanners etc.

But most recently, last but one week of my maternity leave, I sat on the sofa enjoying the smiles and babbling from Rhodri when it occurred to me that whooshing sound of the washing machine filling up had gone on a lot longer than usual.

Turns out the whooshing noise wasn't the machine but a pipe in our bathroom had burst leaving my kitchen and bathroom flooded. Yikes!!

After gracefully dancing through the water, and leaping past the water shooting everywhere, elegantly turning off the water and then gliding back to baby (translated I stumbled, tumbled, got soaked, screamed a bit, ran and slipped on to my backside) I had the task of cleaning up the mess!!

Every towel in the house was used to dry up the water, but dust and fluff from under the cupboards along with mud from the plumbers trudging back and fore was now all over my tiled kitchen and laminate flooring downstairs.

This gave me the opportunity to try out the zoflora disinfectant I was kindly sent to try. **disclosure - I didn't pay for the zoflora I was sent to review but all thoughts and opinions expressed are honest and my own**

So I diluted the linen fresh disinfectant I was sent and set about mopping the floors. It got rid of the mess, left my house smelling fresh but not at all over powering and best of all, I knew everything was clean and hygenic so Rhodri could play on the floor once again.

I love that zoflora can be used for cleaning the bathroom. Put in a spray bottle and used as a cleaning spray, to soak dishclothes in or even to clean pet toys. I liked the fresh smell and love that they have quite a few fragrances to try.

You can check out their products, stockists and even hints/tips for different usages on their website www.zoflora.co.uk

I will definitely be repurchasing once I finish this sample.

So even though the pipe burst, the floors were stinking and my mood was not so good... There was a silver lining. I got to review a product in the process of cleaning up!

As always thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. There’s no better way to deal with bursting pipes, flooded kitchens, and bathrooms than going through it with such grace. Haha! Anyway, it’s nice to know that you managed to fix the plumbing on your own. That could really come in handy every now and then. Thanks for sharing this with us! Have a great day!


    Mindy Powers @ The Plumbing Authority

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its brilliant to hear my grace and elegance has been appropriately recognised and appreciated! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. It's really frustrating when a pipe suddenly leaks, and it will take so much of your time trying to fix it. Good thing you have this disinfectant product with you that can help in cleaning all the mess that the leaks will leave. Thanks for sharing us your review about this product, and I hope everything's fixed now. Have a nice day!

    Roxanne Vaughn @ Total Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really handled the situation well. Plumbing is always a real hassle to deal with. I am so lucky to have a wonderful and loving husband who is very good with DIY and mechanical stuff in general. He always gets us out of a bind and knows the best ways to make it happen quick and easy. Thanks for sharing this.

    Karla Foster @ South West Houston Plumbing

    ReplyDelete