Monday 2 February 2015

Baby Boy Clothes Haul


Once upon a time, I enjoyed spending my left over pennies on books, LUSH bath products, make-up and clothes.  But then my little man came along and now I enjoy picking out cute outfits for the little man! 

A few weekends ago Hubby & I took Rhodri to the park for the first time, but before that I decided Rhodri needed  more clothes! Oh I know, he had plenty for Christmas but... No I have no excuse. I just wanted to buy him clothes.

**Disclosure these are clothes my Hubby and I bought. This is not a paid for or compensated post**



First of all we went to Mothercare. That's where all but one of the items we bought came from. I was looking to buy stripy leggings I had seen on the website. But when we got there the largest size for the leggings was 6-9 months. As Rhodri is already in that size and in the next month or so will probably be in 9-12 months I decided it was pointless to buy his current size. 

So we hit the sales rack first and found the two jumpers above. A grey jersey jumper with a 'monster' face and a maroon jumper with Navy neck & cuffs saying Happy little Chappy. Both Jumpers were normally £7 each or 2 for £12 but in the sale they were £4 each. I picked up 18-24 months as I figured next winter they will come in handy.

Then I picked up these jeans. I love the look of skinny jeans on Rhodri but he never seems that comfortable in them. So these were much softer than normal stiff denim and have an elasticated waist and ankles. They were in 9-12 months and £10.


Then I picked up the red & grey, and blue & grey striped long-sleeved body suits. They were £8 for the set of 2. I liked that the poppers were down the front and not on the shoulders, it just looks smarter. I got them in 9-12 months.

Hubby went back to Mothercare a few days later and he picked up the grey jogging bottoms in 9-12 months. They were £5. They are quite thick and durable so will be perfect for him to crawl about in. 

Daddy also picked up two long-sleeved t-shirts. Both in 9-12 months. One is light grey, with aqua seams and multi-coloured writing I'm as quiet as a dinosaur. The second is dark and light blue striped (the picture hasn't picked it up well as the stripes are thin) saying Daddy = My Hero. The t-shirts were £4.50 or two for £8.

Lastly we went food shopping a few days later and while in Tesco I saw their latest range of boys clothing. I would have bought a lot more, but food shopping irritates me so I settled for one thing and quickly moved along to finish my shopping. We picked up a dark grey, long sleeved t-shirt saying "big trouble in a little t-shirt" this was £3.00 and also in 9-12 months.

I'm a huge fan of the Mothercare range, the quality of their clothes is fab. But I do find F&F have some cute pieces too. At the moment I'm loving leggings & Jeans for Rhodri. I love slogan t-shirts and I really love bodysuits & tops that are 'old men' fashion... I know that sounds weird, but I love the cardies with a geography teacher elbow patch, they just look so cute on little boys!

I then went on to have a mini Next haul this weekend... I'm absolutely shameless and I'm in danger of buying more outfits than he will ever be able to wear. oops!

Hope you enjoyed a look at how I like to waste my pennies these days! What do you love dressing your little one in? 

As always thanks for reading! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I know, I know. I'm a Mumma to 3 girls. What on earth am I doing here? But who can resist tiny clothes? Be they for boys or girls, I love a good peek at teeny clothes.

    I love all these things. I'm actually taking note so I have some good ideas for what to get my little nephew. Though I have to say, I need a pink version of "Big trouble in a little t-shirt" for my Mopsy who is just a little rascal! I cannot chase her and catch her ever. No matter how hard I try!

    These are some really nice picks for little man. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Sal xxx | UmmBaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I went to Next on Saturday and spent 20 minutes looking at dresses before I even hit the boys department. If I never have a girl then all my neices can bank on being spoilt forever with the amount of lovely dresses I currently want to buy lol!!

      Thank you. I'm quite enjoying Mothercare, F&F, Peacocks and Nexts little boys ranges at the moment. Very rarely walk away with nothing. Slogan t-shirts, and shirts/jumpers that I fondly call Grandad clothes are too adorable! :)

      No problem Sal, thanks for reading!! xx

      Delete
  2. I always find it so hard to buy for boys, but this is such a lovely haul you have. Having said it's hard, I still love shopping for Toby and blue bundle number two. I do the same as you, pick up the size that'll fit them next year, works out so much cheaper xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading & commenting! I found it hard to begin with, struggled to know what to dress a boy in, but either I'm used to it now or little boys fashion is getting better!! Yes definitely have found that going a couple of sizes up has made things cheaper which makes shopping a bit more enjoyable! xx

      Delete