Sunday 23 November 2014

Snappy Sunday #3

This week has been a week of taking some time out for myself and allowing myself to not feel guilty about that. I decided to be a bit selfish with my time.

On Thursday my son & I had a lovely day with family. I love watching him play and learning to interact with his cousin. Friday we had a quiet day at home and this weekend my husband and I have just enjoyed our son. Watching him babble, play, laugh and learn. There's nothing better than the smile on his face and the sound of his little giggle.

I, like most people, spend an awful lot of time on social media websites. Whether that be Facebook, Twitter or even YouTube. While sharing pictures and stories about my son with friends & family, while 'staying in contact' with people, I sometimes feel I miss actual social interaction. So as part of being selfish with my time I deactivated my Facebook and Twitter. Limited myself to 1hr a night on youtube and left my blog for a few days. I put all my energy in to my family and homelife and it was refreshing.

I will leave you with the quote below. Give yourself a bit of attention once in a while. Doing that or having 'me time' doesn't mean you have to neglect everyone in your life, it just means allowing yourself the time to invest in what really matters to you. For me thats my nearest and dearest.

Let me know down below how you like to relax and what you do to take a break from the hussle and bussle of life.

As always thanks for reading! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment