Tuesday 23 October 2012

Yummy Treats - Packed Potato Skins

We all have those days where we just need a bit of comfort food, and after over 12 months of dieting I have been thinking about all the yummy naughtiness I used to eat! While spending some time with my mum this weekend we discussed one of our old favourites and I decided that I would share this yummy treat with you all. Bit of a break from the wedding theme and I can drool over my keyboard instead of all over my kitchen! 

Packed Potato Skins

You will need one Baking potato per person.
You can pick several different fillings. I will give you 3 of my favourites - but first how to cook your potato!

Preheat your oven to 220C  (if fan oven go for about 190/200C)
Take your potato and prick the skin all over with a fork. Put some oil and salt on the potato and rub in well with your hands.
Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour in the oven. Until the skin is starting to crisp and the inside of the potato is easy to push a fork in to.
Take potato out of oven and cut in half. Scoop as much of the potato in to a mixing bowl  as you can with out ripping the skins.

Filling one - ham, mushroom and pickle

Fry some sliced mushroom and any precooked ham in a pan. Add a tablespoon of pickle  and cook for a few minutes until mixture is heated through and the pickle is beginning to bubble.
Add mixture in to potatoes with a dollop of marg/butter and mix together. Spoon filling back in to the skins and put back in oven for 15 minutes or until potato mixture starts to crisp up.

Filling two - bacon and mozzarella

Cook your bacon under the grill and then chop up. mix with the scooped out potato and about 40g of mozzarella. 
Spoon back in to potato skins. Put in oven for 10 minutes. Sprinkle a small amount of mozzarella over the potato and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to go golden brown.

Filling three - Ham and mustard.

Dice some ham and add with a teaspoon of mustard to the potato.
Spoon in to the skins and cook for 15 minutes.

OTHER FILLING IDEAS

Chicken & mushroom
Spring onion &  cheese
Peppers
Tomato sauce and diced sausage

There are so many things you can add. It is all down to taste. But give it a go and see what you think. It's yummy comfort food for the winter and not too difficult! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Literally going to steal the bacon and mozzarella reciepe. Nom Nom in my belly!! :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you enjoy! Which I'm sure you will :)

      Delete